Categories of membership
- Any organization or entity which is registered under the Societies Act, or which are entities within the Singapore Government or a Statutory Board, willing to abide by the Constitution of the Association (as may be amended or implemented from time to time) and its resolutions, shall be eligible to apply to the Association to be considered for admission as an “Ordinary Member”.
- An Ordinary Member shall have one vote at any General Meeting irrespective of the number of delegates such Member is allowed by the Constitution to be present at any General Meeting.
- An Ordinary Member must have a minimum of 30 valid paying members, and be directly involved in promoting the aquatic activities through youth development programmes and participation in competitions and/or other related programmes.
- Associate Membership may be granted to properly constituted clubs, associations, corporations, and other organisations registered or incorporated in accordance with the existing laws of Singapore and which are not already Ordinary Members of the Association.
- An Associate Member shall not have any voting rights at any General Meeting but shall be able to participate and assist in the discussion of issues at General Meetings.
- At any General Meeting of the Association, the Executive Committee may propose the election of an individual, who has contributed or would contribute significantly to the Association, as Honorary Member. Notice of such proposal shall be included in the agenda of the General Meeting. If such a proposal is carried by a majority of the Members present and voting, the individual so proposed shall thereupon become an Honorary Member.
- An Honorary Member shall not have any voting rights at any General Meeting but shall be able to participate and assist in the discussion of issues at General Meetings.
Benefits of Affiliation
- Participation in all events organized/sanctioned by SSA.
- Be kept updated of courses for the Coaching/Athlete development.
- Be invited to attend courses on the latest technical rules and regulations involving the 5 Aquatic disciplines (Swimming, Water Polo, Artistic Swimming, Diving and Open Water Swimming).
- Be included in SSA’s database for the latest updates.