Personal Data Protection Policy
- Policy Statement
1.1 Singapore Swimming Association (“SSA” or the “Association”) collects information to facilitate better communication and service of its stakeholders. The Association knows that privacy is important to you and will strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve our stakeholders.
- Purpose & Scope
2.1 The Association conducts its business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
2.2 This Personal Data Protection Policy (this “Policy”) aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
2.3 This Policy applies to all information collected by us from our members, guests to this website, employees or affiliates.
- Personal Data
3.1 “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
3.2 Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
- Collection of Personal Data
4.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
a. when you submit an application/registration form or other forms relating to our business, including but not limited to, any of our events, courses, seminars and affiliation matters;
- when you interact with staff of SSA, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to- face meetings and emails; when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including our SSA membership portal; when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data; when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; when we take your photographs or videos during events or competitions organised or supported by us; when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
4.2 By submitting Personal Data of a third party to SSA (e.g. Personal data of your members, spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the express consent of the third party to provide us with his/her Personal Data for the purposes listed herein and that you have obtained his/her agreement to the terms of this Policy.
4.3 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Use of Personal Data
5.1 We may use or disclose the Personal Data we collect for the following purposes:
- Managing the administrative and business operations of SSA and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Maintain a register of our members (whether past, present or prospective).
- Administer membership applications and activities.
- Facilitate the use of our facilities and services and participation in our activities.
- Enable us to process bills and payments;
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised;
- Conduct market research and obtain customer satisfaction/feedback on SSA;
- Sharing promotional benefits and rewards of our corporate sponsors which you may be eligible for;
- Invitations to SSA Events;
- Delivering relevant advertising or marketing materials such as Electronic Direct Mailers (EDMs);
- Providing media announcements
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts;
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems;
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies; and
- Towards any other purpose of use for which we have obtained your consent, express or implied.
5.2 We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, what are listed in this Policy or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
5.3 We may disclose your personal data to external vendors who assist us in security and administrative matters. In the event your personal data is disclosed to external vendors, we will take measures to ensure that the vendors are aware of our data protection policies and are bound by confidentiality obligations. We will never rent, sell or give away your Personal Data to any third party for any purposes whatsoever, without your permission.
5.4 We will retain your Personal Data for only as long as the purpose for which your personal data was collected is still being served and as long as it is necessary for legal or business purposes.
5.5 You may at any time submit a written request to withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
6.1 We have implemented measures to secure and protect your personal data. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems;
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors;
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to Personal Data.
- Changes to this Policy
7.1 We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these terms shall be deemed acceptance of those changes.
- Access and correction of personal data / Withdrawal of Consent
8.1 If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy;
- Please contact SSA as follows: Email: email@example.com
8.2 Your right to view your personal data is limited to your personal data only. We are not permitted to reveal any personal data about any other individual to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to your personal data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s personal data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.
Any refund of transactions made from 1 Jan 2021 onwards, will exclude refund of fees, etc. transactional fees, service charge.